PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, July 22, 2012

-DIY- feather garland

Lern how to make this feather garland. I used it to cheer up my wall, but its also good for a indi party. I really like it, and I hope you do too. instructions after jump.

1. materials
 You'll need:
-yarn
-feathers
-a needle (not on the picture)

2. braid


Braid your thread to the length you want your garland. (I curled mine up for the picture)

3. feathers

Make a knot on your feather with a piece of string. Than turn it around it a few times and make a knot again.

4. add the feathers 

Take the end of the piece of yarn where you just added your feather on and put it through the needle and than take it through your braid. than knot it. Its handy to hang your braid so you can easily choose the place of the next feather.

do this with enough ones and your garland is complete!

note: don't hang it at  windy areas (like outside)  than the feathers could easily tangle. a good solution for this problem could be adding a beat so the ends are heavier and don't move so much with the wind

2 comments:

  1. This is SOO pretty! :) thanks for sharing!! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I am going to make one for my nursery, Thanx for sharing : )

    ReplyDelete